Student Government & Student Media Student Center Marquee Policy
The primary purpose of the Student Government & Student Media Student Center Marquees is to enhance the quality of student life through increased communication to the general student population about programs, events, and activities.
Marquee Posting Procedures
1. Go to www.asuci.uci.edu/marquee
2. Create a JPG of your image in RGB color, 72 dpi, 64 pixels wide x 80 pixels high for the marquee facing Aldrich Hall.
3. Create a JPG of your image in RGB color, 72 dpi, 176 pixels wide x 64 pixels high for the marquee facing Humanities.
4. We recommend using a large font and darker backgrounds for maximum visibility. Up to 3 slides may be used to accommodate larger amounts of information.
5. Must be submitted 5 working days before event. No exceptions. The maximum length of time any message may be posted is two (2) weeks.
Aldrich Hall Marquee:
Marquee Posting Guidelines
- ONLY on campus programs, events, and activities of significant interest to the general student population will be posted on the marquee.
- Student organization sponsored events and programs (not meetings) and Student Government & Student Media sponsored events will be given priority placement. There is no guarantee that every request received will be posted.
- Alcohol may not be advertised.
- No commercial sponsorships. Programs, events, and activities with commercial sponsorship may not use the name of the commercial sponsor in the marquee display.
- No political campaigning of any kind.
- No disrespectful or derogatory language directed toward any individual, organization, department, or school. All posts must comply with the University’s non-discrimination policy.
- Only events with date, time, name/title, and location of the event will be posted.
- Requests will not be taken over the phone or via email.
- The length of time a program is displayed and content of a posting is at the discretion of Student Government & Student Media.
- Any file formats other than JPG will not be accepted. If your submission does not follow the specs below, it will be rejected.