Hey there, Anteaters!
My name is Daniel Martinez (he/him/his). I’m honored to announce that I will be serving as your next ASUCI Student Advocate General for the 2018-2019 school year. Thank you for believing in me!
Since the beginning of my freshman year, student government has offered me so many opportunities to represent students and advocate for student rights and student needs. There’s still more work to be done, and I cannot wait to work alongside y’all!
Apply to be a part of the core staff for the ASUCI Office of Student Advocate General!
This office is designated to serve and represent the undergraduate student body at University of California, Irvine. This office provides advocacy, education, and community support on behalf of students.
The responsibilities of Office of the Student Advocate General include:
- Representing students in discussions with campus administration.
- Aiding UC Irvine students in filing complaints against ASUCI
- Educating UCI Students about their rights.
- Providing assistance to students with disciplinary action taken by the university against them.
- Directing students to spaces that are intended to provide support and reporting services.
For 2018-2019 school year, the open positions are:
1) Internal Student Advocate General
2) External Student Advocate General
3) Chief Accountability Officer
4) Student Conduct Caseworker
5) Academic Caseworker
To read the descriptions and apply, visit:
Deadline to apply is Friday, Jan 11, 2019 @ 11:59 pm
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please email ASUCI Student Advocate General, Daniel Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line [2018-2019 Application Question]
2018-2019 ASUCI Student Advocate General