The student Campus Advisory Boards are supervised under the Office of the Internal Vice President per the ASUCI ByLaws, whereas the Internal Vice President serves as the ASUCI representative to the following student advisory boards. The boards are; Student Center Advisory Board, Bus Love Board, Anteater Recreation (ARC) Center, Bren Events Center, and the Student Health Insurance Advisory Committee (SHIAC). These advisory boards serve as a purpose for ASUCI to elect and have student representatives sit on advisory boards for various spaces on campus that serve students through student fees. Every year during Summer and Fall the Internal Vice President along with a Joint Committee of Student Representatives elects a new wave of undergraduate students to serve on the following boards! After the recruitment process, boards proceed to host meetings with other faculty, staff, and administrative members in order to define goals for the year and review any recommendations. Every year ASUCI works with around 50+ student leaders in order to make sure student voices are being represented for each board. Any undergraduate student is allowed to apply and serve as a student representative!
To find more information about each board, their purposes and objectives, the current student representatives, and more please review the pages to the left.
Feel free to reach out to respective boards with any concerns and the Internal Vice President with any questions regarding the boards or applications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose: The purpose of the Bus Love Advisory Board is a committed team of Anteaters dedicated to providing safe, reliable, and cost conscious transportation. They represent “Bus Love”. The Anteater Express Initiative is a quarterly undergraduate student fee of $8 that will increase annually in accordance with the 2013 AEI vote. Board members are expected to make an attempt to attend all meetings, follow ASUCI Code of Ethics and accommodate the needs of students, and approve the Bus Love budget annually, and promote the Bus Love survey and reach out to them to inform them about the bus services. There are three at large student representatives to be appointed by ASUCI.
- General Manager of Anteater Express: Timothy Rudek – email@example.com
- Board Chair: Jenning Lai
- Board Vice Chair: Darlene Pham
- Student Representatives: Anmol Gill, Mathew Plaza, Hannah Quach
- Partnership with: Student Government Student Government Media, Housing Administration, Anteater Express, American Campus Community
- Website Link: https://www.shuttle.uci.edu/
Purpose: The purpose of the Student Center Advisory Board is to provide advice regarding the Center, Center operated tenants, and Center construction. The Board shall make recommendations that ensure fiscal soundness and efficiency of the Center. It ensures that the Center serves the diverse needs of the campus community. Furthermore, the board makes sure to vote on any events, resources, and initiatives funded and provided by the Student Center Advisory Board and their programming team. Events in the past we have hosted ranged from Movie Nights partnered with ASUCI and free scantrons and green books during Finals Week.
- Director: Amy Schulz – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Board Chair: Twaha Ibrahim
- Board Vice Chair: Kalani Kieu-Diem Phillips
- Secretary: Josiah Roland Nebalasca Huse
- Student Representatives: Alexis Bright, Sandeep Singh Sidhu, Shriya Samudrala, Melika Pirodan, John Tolipani, Maria Samy William Yocoub, Aman Cheta Burji, Zahra Montazeri, Shuhan Wang, Hannah Quach, Reginald Gartner
- Partnership with: Student Government Student Government Media, Associated Graduate Students, UCI Staff, and UCI Alumni
- Website Link: https://www.studentcenter.uci.edu/home/student-center-board-of-advisors/
Purpose: The purpose of this advisory board is to address policies, image, facilities, services, scheduling, budget, and membership in regards to the ARC. Board members are eligible to review facility additions and make recommendations as well. There are seven undergraduate student seats that are to be appointed by ASUCI.
- Director: Greg Rothberg – email@example.com
- Board Chair: Diego Ramon Southard
- Board Vice Chair: Jerry Jin
- Student Representatives: Lesley Osorio, Brandon Hsu, and Daniel Rojas
- Partnership With: Associated Graduate Students, UCI Alumnus, Student Affairs Staff, Faculty, and Campus Recreation Staff.
- Website Link: https://www.campusrec.uci.edu/Arcboard/
Purpose: The purpose of the Hill Advisory Board is to represent student interests at the Hill, and advise the full time Director in regards to managing the store, its sales, and what should be improved in order to create a more responsive and effective bookstore for the students. Board members are expected to attend all meetings, follow the ASUCI Code of Ethics and Student Conduct, vote on action plans, make recommendations, be active, and represent the position students have towards the Hill. There are four at-large representatives to be appointed by ASUCI.
- Director: Stacey Weidner – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Board Chair: Santiago Alva
- Board Vice Chair: Amanda Nguyen
- Student Representatives: Kabeer Bahl, and Maritza Aguiniga
- Partnership With: Associated Graduate Students, The Hill Student Employees, The Hill Student Team Manager
- Website Link: http://shopuci.com/
Purpose: The purpose of the Bren Events Advisory Board is to ask, listen to, and discuss the viability of implementing all suggestions offered by all UC Irvine students regarding the operating policies of the Bren Events Center. Board members are expected to attend meetings, be active on board committees, make recommendations, develop operating policy, provide board with inforBoard members are expected to attend meetings, be active on board committees, make recommendations, develop operating policy, provide board with information regarding campus views toward the Center. There are five undergraduate students at-large that are to be appointed by ASUCI and serve on the campus advisory board.
Purpose: The primary responsibility of the SHIAC is to advise the Chancellor regarding UC SHIP with the goal of securing the highest quality health care at a fair price for all eligible UC Irvine students. The SHIAC recommends to the Chancellor the positions UC Irvine should represent to the UC SHIP Advisory Board, especially with regards to coverage and fees. The committee also works with Student Health and fees so students can pay less and resources can be more bountiful. There are four (4) Undergraduate Students Voting Members, Two (2) Non Voting Undergraduate Members, One (1) non voting member shall be the Administrative VP from ASUCI.
- Administrative Director: Charles Adams – email@example.com
- Committee Chair: TBD
- Committee Vice Chair: TBD
- Student Representatives: Georgia Simmons, John Robb, Kimia Ghasemian, Meynard Luciano, Muhammad Junaid, Rayomand Kapadia
- Partnership With: Associated Graduate Students, SHC Senior Manager Budget and Finance, SHC Practice Manager Dental Clinic, SHC Supervisor Insurance Services, and Administrative Specialist
- Website Link: https://shc.uci.edu/