What defines college? Your experience! The Office of Student Services aims to provide fun, communal student events and opportunities for student involvement such as Involvement Fairs, Concerts, Athletic Rallies, Spirit Days, Movie Screenings, and Talent Competitions to create a memorable experience for YOU and foster our campus community and student body morale. Our office consist of six different commissions that have the mission of creating the most excellent events for the UC Irvine’s student body, including Business Relations, Content & Promotion, Campus Spirit, Concerts, Multimedia, and Student Talent. With your feedback and the diversity of our campus, Student Services strives to plan conscientious and quality events. Some of our most prominent events are: Welcome Week, Homecoming, Shocktoberfest, Summerlands, Soulstice, Screen on the Green, Athletic Rallies, and many more!
The Concert Commission books and plans all musical entertainment for ASUCI concerts such as Aldrich Park After Dark, during Welcome Week, Shocktoberfest, and Summerlands. Their main focus is to create fun events with artists and music that the student body will enjoy.
All Concerts Interns Must:
- Attend mandatory intern training (TBD) and intern orientation prior to Welcome Week.
- Work at all mandatory Student Services events such as Welcome Week, Shocktoberfest, Homecoming, and Summerlands.
- Complete two mandatory weekly publicity hours in the ASUCI Office.
- Attend mandatory Student Services meetings every Wednesday from 7:00 PM-8:00 PM.
- Contact talent agencies to acquire musical artists for Shocktoberfest and Summerlands.
- Plan stage setup and layout of the venue.
- Wristband students prior to the concerts.
Suggestion: Fill out the application on a separate document. First three questions are the same on all Student Services Applications.
Due: MAY 25TH @ 11:59PM