What defines college? Your experience! The Office of Student Services aims to provide fun, communal student events and opportunities for student involvement such as Involvement Fairs, Concerts, Athletic Rallies, Spirit Days, Movie Screenings, and Talent Competitions to create a memorable experience for YOU and foster our campus community and student body morale. Our office consist of six different commissions that have the mission of creating the most excellent events for the UC Irvine’s student body, including Athletics, Business Relations, Concerts, Content Creation, Campus Outreach, Films, and Soulstice. With your feedback and the diversity of our campus, Student Services strives to plan conscientious and quality events. Some of our most prominent events are: Welcome Week, Homecoming, Shocktoberfest, Summerlands, Soulstice, Screen on the Green, Athletic Rallies, and many more! Check out the commission application pages to learn about these events and more!
The Athletics Commission promotes UC Irvine's athletic games and the Defend the Bren Series with a purpose to increase student attendance, campus spirit, and alma mater pride through athletic. events. Athletics conducts strategic marketing, organizes exciting rallies with entertainments, and provides attractive giveaways for students .
- Attend mandatory intern training over the summer and intern orientation prior to Welcome Week.
- Work at all mandatory Student Services events such as Welcome Week, Shocktoberfest, Homecoming, and Summerlands.
- Complete two mandatory weekly publicity hours in the ASUCI Office.
- Attend mandatory Student Services meetings every Wednesday from 7:00 PM-8:00 PM.
- Plan and facilitate quarterly athletic rallies for the Division I athletes.
- Creatively promote Defend the Bren Series, Club 15, and other athletic games.
- Collaborate with Antourage to promote athletic events and games.
- Create and design the giveaways for athletic events.
- Contact vendors and organizations to work with and at the rallies.
Suggestion: Fill out the application on a separate document. First three questions are the same on all Student Services Applications.