What defines college? Your experience! The Office of Student Services aims to provide fun, communal student events and opportunities for student involvement such as Involvement Fairs, Concerts, Athletic Rallies, Spirit Days, Movie Screenings, and Talent Competitions to create a memorable experience for YOU and foster our campus community and student body morale. Our office consist of six different commissions that have the mission of creating the most excellent events for the UC Irvine’s student body, including Business Relations, Content & Promotion, Campus Spirit, Concerts, Multimedia, and Student Talent. With your feedback and the diversity of our campus, Student Services strives to plan conscientious and quality events. Some of our most prominent events are: Welcome Week, Homecoming, Shocktoberfest, Summerlands, Soulstice, Screen on the Green, Athletic Rallies, and many more!
The Business Relations Commission helps Student Services gain sponsorships and book vendors for their events including Welcome Week, Shocktoberfest, Soulstice, athletic rallies and Summerlands. These sponsorships lead to free giveaways for students and benefit local businesses around Irvine. This commission focuses on the entire process from start to finish of acquiring local sponsors and building relationships with businesses in the Orange County area.
Business Relations Intern Responsibilities:
- Attend mandatory intern training (TBD) and intern orientation prior to Welcome Week.
- Work at all mandatory Student Services events such as Welcome Week, Shocktoberfest, Homecoming, and Summerlands.
- Complete two mandatory weekly publicity hours in the ASUCI Office.
- Attend mandatory Student Services meetings every Wednesday from 7:00 PM-8:00 PM.
- Contact companies and businesses to obtain sponsors for university events.
- Maintain professional relationships with business managers and marketing professionals to create future sponsorships.
- Provide financial assistance to Student Talent Commission by offering sponsorship package bundles to businesses for Soulstice.
- Meet with UCI’s Marketing Director to discuss goals, sponsorship processes, and intern progress.
Suggestion: Fill out the application on a separate document. First three questions are the same on all Student Services Applications.
Due: MAY 25TH @ 11:59PM