What defines college? Your experience! The Office of Student Services aims to provide fun, communal student events and opportunities for student involvement such as Involvement Fairs, Concerts, Athletic Rallies, Spirit Days, Movie Screenings, and Talent Competitions to create a memorable experience for YOU and foster our campus community and student body morale. Our office consist of six different commissions that have the mission of creating the most excellent events for the UC Irvine’s student body, including Athletics, Business Relations, Content Creation, Concerts, Campus Outreach, Films, and Soulstice. With your feedback and the diversity of our campus, Student Services strives to plan conscientious and quality events. Some of our most prominent events are: Welcome Week, Homecoming, Shocktoberfest, Summerlands, Soulstice, Screen on the Green, Athletic Rallies, and many more! Check out the commission application pages to learn about these events and more!
The Films Commission acquires advance and currently released film screens for the student body, hosts Movie Nights and Screen on the Greens on Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the year, and produces promotional and recap videos of various Student Services events.
- Attend mandatory intern training over the summer and intern orientation prior to Welcome Week.
- Work at all mandatory Student Services events such as Welcome Week, Shocktoberfest, Homecoming, and Summerlands.
- Complete two mandatory weekly publicity hours in the ASUCI Office.
- Attend mandatory Student Services meetings every Wednesday from 7:00 PM-8:00 PM.
- Plan admission and ticket distribution logistics for screenings such as Screen on the Green in Aldrich Park.
- Contact film distributors/studios to acquire rights to advance film screenings or recently released films.
- Regulate admission at film screenings.
- Produce promotional or recap videos for campus events and publicize them on social media.
Suggestion: Fill out the application on a separate document. First three questions are the same on all Student Services Applications.