What defines college? Your experience! The Office of Student Services aims to provide fun, communal student events and opportunities for student involvement such as Involvement Fairs, Concerts, Athletic Rallies, Spirit Days, Movie Screenings, and Talent Competitions to create a memorable experience for YOU and foster our campus community and student body morale. Our office consist of six different commissions that have the mission of creating the most excellent events for the UC Irvine’s student body, including Athletics, Business Relations, Content Creation, Concerts, Campus Outreach, Films, and Soulstice. With your feedback and the diversity of our campus, Student Services strives to plan conscientious and quality events. Some of our most prominent events are: Welcome Week, Homecoming, Shocktoberfest, Summerlands, Soulstice, Screen on the Green, Athletic Rallies, and many more! Check out the commission application pages to learn about these events and more!
The Campus Outreach Commission inspires involvement and spirit in students and on-campus organizations. Every quarter, Campus Outreach hosts a Spirit Day where students can wear their UCI apparel and have a chance to win giveaways. Also, the Campus Outreach commission oversees the Homecoming Week activities during Winter Quarter.
- Attend mandatory intern training over the summer and intern orientation prior to Welcome Week.
- Work at all mandatory Student Services events such as Welcome Week, Shocktoberfest, Homecoming, and Summerlands.
- Complete two mandatory weekly publicity hours in the ASUCI Office.
- Attend mandatory Student Services meetings every Wednesday from 7:00 PM-8:00 PM.
- Plan activities and giveaways for quarterly Spirit Days.
- Plan quarterly President’s Round Table Meetings for campus organizations. Meetings connect organizations to our office’s resources.
- Conduct outreach with the CORE Office in Student Life & Leadership.
- Arrange the daily activities for Homecoming Week 2018.
- Contact campus organizations to appear as vendors at Student Services events such as Summerlands.
Suggestion: Fill out the application on a separate document. First three questions are the same on all Student Services Applications.