What defines college? Your experience! The Office of Student Services aims to provide fun, communal student events and opportunities for student involvement such as Involvement Fairs, Concerts, Athletic Rallies, Spirit Days, Movie Screenings, and Talent Competitions to create a memorable experience for YOU and foster our campus community and student body morale. Our office consist of six different commissions that have the mission of creating the most excellent events for the UC Irvine’s student body, including Athletics, Business Relations, Concerts, Content Creation, Campus Outreach, Films, and Soulstice. With your feedback and the diversity of our campus, Student Services strives to plan conscientious and quality events. Some of our most prominent events are: Welcome Week, Homecoming, Shocktoberfest, Summerlands, Soulstice, Screen on the Green, Athletic Rallies, and many more! Check out the commission application pages to learn about these events and more!
Soulstice is UCI's premier talent competition, held annually at the Bren Event Center. In 2016, Soulstice sold out with 3,000+ attendees supporting students in the categories of Solo/Duel, Band, A Capella, and Dance. The Soulstice team includes the planning committee, the League (emcees of the event), and Soulstice Stage Crew, completely comprised of current UCI undergraduate students.
GENERAL Sousltice Interns
The Soulstice interns act as both Student Services interns as well as committee interns, supporting particular committee members wherever it is needed.
All Interns will have the following responsibilities:
- Attend mandatory intern training over the summer and intern orientation prior to Welcome Week.
- Work at all mandatory Student Services events such as Welcome Week, Shocktoberfest, Homecoming, and Summerlands.
- Complete two mandatory weekly publicity hours in the ASUCI Office.
- Attend mandatory Student Services meetings every Wednesday from 7:00 PM-8:00 PM.
- Attend weekly Soulstice meeting.
- Work alongside Soulstice Committee member on specific tasks, including creating marketing campaigns, reaching out to the campus and community, etc.
- Work a minimum of 3 shifts when tabling for apparel and ticket sales.
- Attend Tech Day, Rehearsal, and actual Show in its entirety.
Suggestion: Fill out the application on a separate document. First three questions are the same on all Student Services Applications.