What defines college? Your experience! The Office of Student Services aims to provide fun, communal student events and opportunities for student involvement such as Involvement Fairs, Concerts, Athletic Rallies, Spirit Days, Movie Screenings, and Talent Competitions to create a memorable experience for YOU and foster our campus community and student body morale. Our office consist of six different commissions that have the mission of creating the most excellent events for the UC Irvine’s student body, including Athletics, Business Relations, Concerts, Content Creation, Campus Outreach, Films, and Soulstice. With your feedback and the diversity of our campus, Student Services strives to plan conscientious and quality events. Some of our most prominent events are: Welcome Week, Homecoming, Shocktoberfest, Summerlands, Soulstice, Screen on the Green, Athletic Rallies, and many more! Check out the commission application pages to learn about these events and more!
The Content Creation Commission helps Student Services create promotional marketing materials such as promotional videos, graphics for events, and more! This commission is focused on two aspects of content creation: film making and graphic design. The materials made through this commission are used to market our events to the entire student body!
- Attend mandatory intern training over the summer and intern orientation prior to Welcome Week.
- Work at all mandatory Student Services events such as Welcome Week, Shocktoberfest, Homecoming, and Summerlands.
- Complete two mandatory weekly publicity hours in the ASUCI Office.
- Attend mandatory Student Services meetings every Wednesday from 7:00 PM-8:00 PM.
- Create marketing contact as necessary.
- Meet with different commissions to learn how to best market their events
- Attend filmmaking or graphic design sessions as necessary.
Suggestion: Fill out the application on a separate document. First three questions are the same on all Student Services Applications.