What defines college? Your experience! The Office of Student Services aims to provide entertaining student events and opportunities for student involvement such as Involvement Fairs, Concerts, Athletic Rallies, Spirit Days, Movie Screenings, and Talent Competitions to create a memorable experience for YOU. This office also hopes to catalyze UCI pride, as well as a positive and comfortable campus climate. Our office consists of seven different commissions that have the mission of creating the most entertaining events for the UC Irvine’s student body, including Athletics, Business Relations, Content & Promotion, Campus Spirit, Concerts, Multimedia, and Student Talent. With your creativity and the diversity of our campus, Student Services strives to plan conscientious and quality events. Some of our most prominent events are: Welcome Week, Homecoming, Summerlands, Soulstice, Screen on the Green, Athletic Rallies, and many more!
The Athletics Commission promotes UC Irvine's athletic games and the Defend the Bren Series with a purpose to increase student attendance, campus spirit, and alma mater pride through supporting our Anteater athletes. Athletics conducts strategic marketing, organizes exciting rallies with entertainments, and provides attractive giveaways for students. This commission is also open to new and creative ideas for events that contribute to participation from the students, such as ping pong, dodgeball tournaments, etc.
- Attend mandatory intern training over the summer and intern orientation prior to Welcome Week.
- Work at all mandatory Student Services events such as Welcome Week, Soulstice, Homecoming, and Summerlands.
- Complete two mandatory weekly publicity hours in the ASUCI Office.
- Attend mandatory Student Services meetings usually Wednesday from 7:00 PM-8:00 PM.
- Plan and facilitate quarterly athletic rallies for the Division I athletes.
- Creatively promote Defend the Bren Series, Club 15, and other athletic games.
- Collaborate with Antourage to promote athletic events and games.
- Create and design the giveaways for athletic events.