What defines college? Your experience! The Office of Student Services aims to provide fun, communal student events and opportunities for student involvement such as Involvement Fairs, Concerts, Athletic Rallies, Spirit Days, Movie Screenings, and Talent Competitions to create a memorable experience for YOU and foster our campus community and student body morale. Our office consist of six different commissions that have the mission of creating the most excellent events for the UC Irvine’s student body, including Athletics, Business Relations, Content & Promotion, Campus Spirit, Concerts, Multimedia, and Student Talent. With your feedback and the diversity of our campus, Student Services strives to plan conscientious and quality events. Some of our most prominent events are: Welcome Week, Homecoming, Summerlands, Soulstice, Screen on the Green, Athletic Rallies, and many more!
The Student Talent Commission will be tasked with creating a retainer list of all performance organizations/individuals on campus and contact them throughout the year with opportunities for them to showcase their talent. This commission will showcase student talent during Welcome Week, Homecoming Week, and various other Student Services events where there is a component allowing. This commission will also be in charge of UCI's premier talent competition, Soulstice, which is held annually at the Bren Events Center. The commission will be responsible for planning the show from top to bottom, which means: working with the Bren Staff, contacting celebrities to be judges, coordinating with possible performers, working alongside Soulstice league, etc.
Student Talent Intern Responsibilities:
- Attend mandatory intern training and intern orientation prior to Welcome Week.
- Work at all mandatory Student Services events such as Welcome Week, Homecoming, Summerlands, etc.
- Complete two mandatory weekly publicity hours in the ASUCI Office.
- Attend mandatory Student Services meetings usually Wednesdays from 7:00 PM-8:00 PM.
- Work with commissioners to create (and MAINTAIN/UPDATE) a list of performance organizations/individuals.
- Work with Content & Promotion to create marketing materials for all Student Talent showcases and publicize them effectively.
- Contact celebrities to find possible judges for Soulstice.
- During a talent showcase (Welcome Week, Homecoming, Soulstice, etc.) you are expected to be there the entirety and make sure it runs smoothly.