What defines college? Your experience! The Office of Student Services aims to provide fun, communal student events and opportunities for student involvement such as Involvement Fairs, Concerts, Athletic Rallies, Spirit Days, Movie Screenings, and Talent Competitions to create a memorable experience for YOU and foster our campus community and student body morale. Our office consists of seven different commissions that have the mission of creating the most excellent events for the UC Irvine’s student body, including Athletics, Business Relations, Content & Promotion, Campus Spirit, Concerts, Multimedia, and Student Talent. With your feedback and the diversity of our campus, Student Services strives to plan conscientious and quality events. Some of our most prominent events are: Welcome Week, Homecoming, Summerlands, Soulstice, Screen on the Green, Athletic Rallies, and many more!
The Campus Spirit Commission, as the name entails, promotes school spirit and pride at UCI on a university level. Through events such as: Spirit Days, Homecoming Week, Athletic Rallies, etc., this commission really tries to engage the student body in unique ways and make them feel proud and happy to attend UCI. There is a goal to increase student participation in all events and work with UCI athletics to strengthen our sports turnouts. This is done through strategic marketing and requires energetic individuals who are not afraid to show their school pride on a daily basis.
Campus Spirit Intern Responsibilities:
- Attend mandatory intern training (TBD) and intern orientation prior to Welcome Week.
- Work at all mandatory Student Services events such as Welcome Week, Shocktoberfest, Homecoming, and Summerlands.
- Complete two mandatory weekly publicity hours in the ASUCI Office.
- Attend mandatory Student Services meetings every Wednesday from 7:00 PM-8:00 PM.
- Plan and facilitate quarterly Spirit Days and Athletic Rallies.
- Creatively promote Defend the Bren Series, Club 15, and other athletic games.
- Work with the UCI Alumni Association to implement Homecoming Week.
- Create and design the giveaways for Athletic Rallies and Spirit Days.
- Work with other commissions in the office to find out unique and creative ways to increase school pride and student participation.