- Fight tuition/student fee increases and the cohort-based tuition system, which would hurt students across all demographics
- Advocating for Survivors Awareness
- Ensure that victims of sexual harassment, abuse, dating, and domestic violence have a safe space on-campus.
- Have the Legislative Affairs Commission lobby on behalf of, and implement bills at the three levels of governance through collaboration with the offices of local representatives.
- Have the Organizing Commission plan informative town hall events with on-campus organizations such as the CARE office, to discuss topics such as Title IX.
- Strengthen the relationship between ASUCI and Greek organizations to bring about survivors’ awareness.
- Ethnic Studies Requirement
- Organize in authoring an Ethnic Studies Requirement Bill.
- Lobby our state legislators on this issue and call on members of the higher education committee in the State Legislature to take on the bill.
- Work alongside the University of California Student Association (UCSA) to make this a 2021-22 priority.
- In collaboration with our local California Assemblymembers and Senators, we will present legislation in Sacramento to address mental health, basic needs security, food security, and housing.
- Defunding and Reforming UCIPID
- Reallocate funding from UCIPD into more useful programs such as FRESH Hub, Center for Wellness and Health Promotion, the Student Aid for Emergencies Plan, and other programs targeted towards student wellness.
- Automatic voter registration for eligible students.
- Student Aid for Emergencies Fund
- Continue to push for the SAFE grant that will benefit students in times of need or emergencies.
- Allow students leniency to utilize the aid for more personal matters related to their well-being.
- Sustain the grant by pulling funds from the ASUCI Office of the External Vice President reserves.
- Give out the new grant on an application, need-based basis.
- Strengthening relationships with representatives
- Delegating local, state, and federal coordinators the responsibility of establishing monthly check-ins with UCI’s respective representatives on all levels of government.
Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns!
External Vice President: email@example.com || Office Hours: TBA
Chief of Staff: firstname.lastname@example.org || Office Hours: TBA