Hello Anteaters! My name is Daniela Romero and I am so humbled and excited to be serving as your Internal Vice President for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year. I am a fourth year Political Science and International Studies Major from Huntington Beach, CA. Some fun facts about me are that I am Peruvian, music is one of my passions, I love the beach, and I am currently in a sorority called Delta Gamma. I have been involved in ASUCI in one way or another ever since my first year. My journey started in the Local High School Outreach Commission, from there I began to be involved in Visions and AMP under Academic Affairs, and last year served the Housing Commission under the Office of the President.
My purpose here is to support students and that’s it. ASUCI is by the students, for the students. My goal is to really live into this slogan and stay grounded on the morals and values that surrounded student government and leadership as a whole. Being able to go to a higher institution, a UC for that, for higher education has been such a privilege at most, but also very difficult at times. There is much that needs to be brought to attention on student matters and needs when it comes to accessibility, rights, resources, and space. I am excited to hold 9 commissions this year and one advocacy officer, and a staff full of diverse, talented, and passionate student leaders. As your Internal Vice President, I hope to fully represent and hear student needs and opinions to serve on our five advisory boards, and lead my commissions to provide more resources for students on the UC Irvine campus. Ultimately, this position is not a one womxn effort. I am excited to work alongside the other Executives, student leaders, and YOU!
- Be 100% transparent as possible within ASUCI and IVP
- Promote a healthy lifestyle, overall wellness for students, and push towards programs for drug and alcohol abuse awareness
- Advocate for an increase in basic needs within food, housing, and technology
- Create more safe spaces and communities on campus for commuter students through Zot Adopt, single-parent, undocumented, student workers, and international students. And work more with marginalized communities.
- Increase access to parking, bus routes, OC bus passes and usage, and public transit while promoting a sustainable commute.
- Improve student access to legal aide, tax filing services, privacy, security, employability rights, and more!
- Make ASUCI a more sustainable organization and promote/education on sustainability measures.
- Full student representation on all campus advisory boards including the ARC, the Bren Center, Student Health Insurance, Bus Love, and the Student Center.
Office Hours: Fall Quarter TBA in the ASUCI Office
Hi Anteaters! My name is Nishat, and I will be one of your IVP Chiefs of Staff for this school year! I am a 4th year student double majoring in Pharmaceutical Science and Psychological Science. This will be my third and final year in ASUCI – I’ve previously been an intern for the Garden Commission and the Garden Commissioner. I am very excited to be working for y’all this year! My job will be to be an aid to the Internal Vice President, commissioners, interns, and students. I hope to help make UCI a more inclusive, accessible, and student-friendly campus.
Office Hours: Fall Quarter Tuesdays 2pm-3pm in the ASUCI Office
Sustainability Project and Garden
Anteaters in Action
Food Security Commission
Student Health and Wellness
Student Support and Advocacy
Recruitment and Retention
Commuter Success Commission
International Student Advocacy Officer