Office Hours: Wednesdays 5pm-6pm via Zoom ( https://uci.zoom.us/j/7552244893 )
The International Student Advocacy Office Team is responsible for the initiation, management, and growth of international student advocacy programs. Acting as a bridge between the ASUCI Board and the international student body, the International Student Advocacy Officer engages student voices in order to support initiatives and ultimately enhance the international student experience. Service will also include working with each of the campus-affiliated student organizations and connecting with other international student advocacy leaders to support various international student objectives.
The main vision of the International Student Advocacy Officer is to develop and push for more transparent, accessible support for the international student body by educating students about ASUCI and its resources. While working to connect international students with various populations around campus and by providing professional development opportunities, the International Student Advocacy Officer aims to help international students integrate fluidly into campus life and society and enhance student life as thriving members of the UCI community.
– Be transparent and approachable for international students to learn about ASUCI and its resources
– Bridge the interaction between international students and domestic students
– Improve international students access to information and resources from their schools
– Organize events and programs that will enhance international student’s university experience
– Fund and collaborate valuable workshops for international student’s personal growth
– Bring international student’s voices into ASUCI