Dear Interested Vendors,
I would like to invite you to submit the application on the ASUCI Vendor Fair website for our upcoming Vendor Fairs in 2018-2019!
**Please note updates to the Vendor Fair Policy.
We will be accepting applications, screening them, and selecting vendors to participate in our Vendor Fair at various times throughout the year.
Our selections will be based on, but limited to, the desirability of items (both hand-crafted and manufactured), originality of the product(s), price-point of items, student feedback, customer service policies, retention, and timeliness/deadline meeting of application. Along with photos of your products (not optional), feel free to include samples of your merchandise with your application. Please note that as the above criteria will be used as a guideline for selection, all vendors are invited to participate at the sole discretion of ASUCI.
We have a variety of booth spaces available, including 10’ x 10’, 10’ x 20’, and 10’ x 30’. Requests for larger spaces must be submitted to the Vendor Fair Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org as well as noted on the application due to availability. Subletting or sharing of booth space(s) amongst vendors is prohibited; one application per assigned space(s) only.
Please submit your application online after reading through the updated Vendor Fair Policy. The application must be received in our offices prior to all given deadlines along with ALL DOCUMENTS. Be sure to complete the entire application and check that you have read through our updated Vendor Fair Policy as well as included all the necessary documents and sent in payment. If we do not receive ALL materials by the application deadline, you will not be able to participate in the Vendor Fair. Please include your company check (NO LESS than 15 days in advance before the first Monday of the Vendor Fair), money order, or Cashier’s Check (personal checks are no longer accepted) for the appropriate booth space and parking permit fees. If you are not selected, your check will be returned to you with a notification letter.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please e-mail at email@example.com.
2018-2019 Vendor Fair team
UCI students are the primary customers for our Vendor Fairs. Fairs are held once to twice each Quarter, Monday through Friday, with some being themed.
The 2018-2019 dates are:
|VENDOR FAIR DATES||APPLICATION DUE BY|
|Oct 8-12 2018||Sept 17 2018|
|Dec 3-7 2018||Nov 12 2018|
|Feb 11-15 2019||Jan 21 2019|
|May 6-10 2019||Apr 15 2019|
2018-2019 Vendor Fair team
Office Hours: Tuesdays 04:00-05:00PM
If you are a food/beverage/concessions vendor: You MUST BE cleared through UCI Dining for further consideration. Please review Vendor Food Requirements for more information.
RATES AND ADDITIONAL CHARGES:
Expect to see policy changes to the 2018-2019 Vendor Fairs to make the Vendor Fairs more efficient. Please thoroughly review our Vendor Fair Policy for additional information.
All Vendor Fair space rates are good for the entire week, Monday through Friday**:
|10’ x 10’||$350|
|10’ x 20’||$475|
|10’ x 30’||$700|
|10’ x 40’||$750|
|10’ x 50’||$800|
|10’ x 10’ – UCI Student Only (restrictions apply)||$250|
|Parking Permit (per week)||$50|
Any booth size above a 10’ x 30’ are limited and NOT guaranteed; first-come, first-serve. Max booth size is 10’ x 50’.
You may request equipment up to 2 weeks prior to the Vendor Fair to receive pre-register pricing. All requests thereafter and up to the Wednesday prior to the Vendor Fair are not guaranteed to be fulfilled and a late register pricing will apply. Requests made the week of the Vendor Fair will be subjected to an additional $25.00 fee. All rates are weekly fees and equipment will be removed daily and re-set the next day. Prices are subject to change as well as policies for equipment rental from the third-party vendor.
|Equipment||Pre-Register Cost||Late Register Cost|
|Table and 2 Chairs||$50.00||$100.00|
|Additional Chairs (each)||$5.00||$10.00|
Vendor Fairs are for vendors who have a California Seller’s Permit, commercial liability insurance, and/or Health Permit. Special consideration will be taken for food/beverage/concession vendors as a case-by-case only; these vendors will be STICTLY limited to participation. Please review the Vendor Fair Policy for more information.
Vendors are invited to participate in the Vendor Fair at the sole discretion of ASUCI.
The criteria for selection of vendors include, but are not limited to:
- Desirability of the items or product
- Originality of the items or product
- Past performance during previous Vendor Fairs
- Price point of items
- Number of vendors selling similar items
- Student feedback
- Timeliness of application
DIRECTIONS AND PARKING:
- Parking permits will be given out upon check- in on the first day of the Vendor Fair, if purchased through the application process. Parking is not included in the price of the booth, but as an additional fee.
- The Student Center Parking Structure and Lot 1 are the closest areas for vendor parking. Please see Parking for a map of lots.
- Map of UCI Main Campus.
BOOTH SPACE MAP
Booth spaces are NOT guaranteed and can ONLY be requested. ASUCI and the Vendor Fair will do its best to accommodate requests, but cannot guarantee requested spaces. ASUCI reserves the right to change booth spaces at their own discretion as well as place vendors in specified booths. Spacing is not guaranteed until the first day of the Vendor Fair. Vendors may not move spaces during the Fair unless given permission to by ASUCI and the Student Center & Event Services.
If you would like to be added to the ASUCI Vendor Fair e-mailing list, please send us an e-mail with your:
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
- Product Description
Seller’s Permit Information
The ASUCI Vendor Fair follows strict policies that are expected to be upheld by participating vendors. Each vendor is required to have a valid sellers permit/business license before applying to become an on campus vendor.
There are many options possible in obtaining a permit online. The links below will direct you to the appropriate sites in obtaining a sellers permit. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to give our office a call or email.
Good luck with your future endeavors!
Please see the following link for information on obtaining a business license.
Vendor Insurance Information
- All vendors will now be required to hold Tenant User Event Liability Insurance or overall Liability Insurance. If you currently have such insurance, please be sure to review your current policy to ensure that it matches the requirement for Tenant User Event Liability Insurance that is now required to have by the University. Please utilize the following link for your insurance needs: Tenant User Event Liability
- Go to Apply Online and complete the information as requested once clicking on the link
- You are considered a ‘Vendor-Exhibitor’ at a ‘Vendor/Exhibitor’ event, taking place on Ring Mall, with no alcohol or Garagekeeper needed.
- You may already have your own insurance companies, so Marsh is an alternative option for you should you not already have insurance or are unable to obtain the required insurance from your own provider.
- If you currently have such insurance, please be sure to review your current policy to ensure that it matches the requirement for Tenant User Event Liability Insurance that is now required to have by the University below. Depending on the activity of the vendor or selling item, the University may request additional coverage.
COMMERCIAL GENERAL LIABILITY
$1,000,000 Each Occurrence
$2,000,000 General Aggregate (for comprehensive general liability and property damage covering activities for general use of University Properties)
$2,000,000 Products Completed Operations
$1,000.000 Personal & Advertising Injury
$100,000 Fire Damage (any one fire)
$5,000 Medical Expense (any one person)
COMMERCIAL AUTO LIABILITY*
$1,000,000 Combined Single Limit
* ONLY those vendors whom have included the Commercial Auto Liability $1MM Combined Single Limit minimum into their Certificate of Insurance are allowed to drive onto University property. Otherwise, vendors must park in the parking structure/lot and cart/walk items to the Vendor Fair location. If at any point during the Fair this stipulation is not followed, the vendor will be asked to provide this coverage and will not be allowed to return to the Fair until then. Future Fair participation may be jeopardized.
WORKERS’ COMPENSATION & EMPLOYERS’ LIABILITY*
$1,000,000.00 Statutory Limits – WORKERS’ COMPENSATION
$1,000,000.00 EMPLOYERS’ LIABILITY
* ONLY those vendors whose business owner is doing the set-up/tear-down or has less than five (5) employees may waive this additional stipulation coverage. If at any point during the Fair this stipulation is not followed, the vendor will be asked to provide this coverage and will not be allowed to return to the Fair until then. Future Fair participation may be jeopardized.
Please include on your insurance exactly:
Certificate Holder Information exactly as shown below:
The Regents of the University of California
Attn: Jacquelyn Kuniyoshi
UCI Student Center & Event Services
A311 Student Center
Irvine, CA 92697-2050
The UNIVERSITY shall be furnished with a Certificate of Insurance naming THE REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA as ADDITIONAL INSURED in the additional remakes box above the Certificate Holder Information.
For questions regarding, please contact: