Welcome to the ASUCI Legal Education and Resource Network (L.E.A.R.N.) page, a space made for UCI undergraduate students to help them navigate legal concerns that are interfering with their academics.
The purpose of the L.E.A.R.N. is to educate and provide resources that support students while navigating the legal world.
- Educate students through events and workshops that promote awareness of the legal world and students’ rights.
- Resources to connect students to Orange County referral services and clinics, which could provide legal services to students. While also listing other resources in surrounding counties.
When to Contact an Attorney
There are various reasons a student may need legal assistance, including:
- Alcohol-related citations or arrests
- Immigration questions
- Bankruptcy and credit cards
- Landlord, roommate, and security deposit issues
- Selling your vehicle
- Small claims court
- Child custody, divorce and child support
- Noise violations from the police
- Auto accidents
- License and permits
- Limitations on services
- Labor and employment
- ADA non-compliance
- Any other issue that may come about
L.E.A.R.N. conducted a survey and it showed 61% of the student population are ‘not aware at all’ of the free legal services in the area.
We are always looking for new and creative ideas to bring legal education to students, and we hope that these resources help guide you all.