ASUCI Senate Minutes
I. Bureaucratic Procedure
A. Call to Order: 5:14pm
B. Approval of Minutes: Jack/Ben
C. Approval Of Agenda: Neal/Mark
E. Guest List:
II. Public Comment: 10 minutes
III. Old Business
Item #10 R47-07 Diversity and Cultural Competency on Campus
Discuss 15 mins 2 min speaking time Andrea/Mark
Jboard: Leg Council will needs 2/3rds vote rather than the majority vote because it is a political endorsement
III. New Business
A. Item #19 R47-15 UC Regent Townhall Meeting
· Floor: Bruce/Jon
· Start presenting at 6:15pm. Regents arrive at 6pm
· What is leg council going to do to promote it—Flyer, fb group is out, all offices will help publicize it
· Question: Lisa.Neil
B. Item #20 R47-16 Appointment of Elections Commissioner and Election Deputies
· Floor: Bruce/Dillon
· Question: Dillon/Mark
C. ETech Updates—Dillon and Jon
· Survey written for faculty and one for students
· Changes/adjustments have been made
· Next meeting not til finals week or after finals week
· Charging stations (don’t have to bring chargers)
· Extend wifi to campus housing/dorms.
· Survey will define everything
· If you feel the need to advocate for something, flood the ETech website’s inbox but be civil and polite.
· They’re asking for this charge but they are arguing or unsure of where the money should be used.
· Virtual Library—Accessibility at home, you can download any book available on campus.
· By the end of the next two quarters if there isn’t any wifii in our campus housing then someone should be held accountability.
· Increase the strength of wifii and money is more maintenance
· There should be accountability and transparency of who is on their ETech board and the allocation of the money.
· If technology doesn’t meet the needs of the students now, we’re doing a disservice for the future generation.
D. Interviews between 5:30-6:30pm
Motion to suspend the rule of notice of closed meeting for 3 days: Dillon/Jon
Motion for closed Executive session: Dillon/Neal
Motion to discuss JBoard applicants Raul and Matthew: Bruce/Jon 5 minutes
Motion to discuss At-Large Rep Melissa: 5 minutes
Motion to table to Thursday: Lisa/Neal