ASUCI Senate Minutes
Thursday, April 17, 2014

 

I. Bureaucratic Procedure

  1. Call to Order at 5:02 pm

  2. Attendance

    1. absence

      1. Grecia Cruz (arrived late)

      2. Maryam Farooqui

      3. Naaila Mohammed

      4. Oliver Dabalous

      5. Rame Bashir

  3. Approval of Minutes

    1. motion to approve Matt Tsai / Adrienne Credo

  4. Approval of Agenda

    1. motion to approve Adrienne Credo/ Lauren Hineman

II. Public Comment

III. Old Business

IV. New Business

  1. Discussion on Judicial Board Ruling of SOAR Resolution (30 min)

    1. motion to open discussion for 30 min Alex/ Lauren

      1. Patrick Chen- reason for struck down asked for commitment of resources and this violates stipulation that any campaign referendum cannot use ASUCI equipment or resources

        1. Meet every Tuesday to review legislation

        2. this decision came a month after the legislation was passed

        3. our responsibility to look into why this happened

      2. Neign Fatahi- has anyone asked why it took them so long

        1. Patrick Chen- no

      3. Alex Fung- is there anything we can do to help SOAR at this point

        1. Patrick Chen- this mirrors government, but there is no way to fix this in the next couple of days

          1. Judicial Oversight committee which can be formed by unanimous vote from committee

          2. I feel that this ruling was unnecessary when they could have just adjusted certain parts

      4. Lauren Hineman- this was the second draft to this resolution

      5. Patrick Chen- there seems to be some mistakes on J- Boards part

        1. says that there are two violations

        2. violation

      6. Public Comment (New U)- last year Leg. council passed resolution for the Anteater Express and it has similar language

      7. motion to close discussion Adrienne Credo / Lauren Hineman

V. Executive Officer REports (10 min)

  1. Tony Tizcareno- round tables in student life and leadership core office

    1. working on what we want Anteaters in Action to be

    2. Vendor Fair is next week and it will be the last one of the quarter

      1. no fair next May and that will be a loss of income

    3. Recruitment Outreach and Retention will be combining will Up lab

    4. ASUCI banquet will be May 27th and we will be receiving an RSVP link

    5. Vote for ASUCI elections

  2. Dom Doan- Wazygoose was good

    1. Soulstice will be happening very soon

      1. tickets are out and we are selling; also selling soutice apparel

    2. prescreening of the neighbors on April 21st in HIB 100

  3. Skyla Zhang- next Wed- Fri academic senate will be doing a project

    1. invent corkboard for more student input outside of the starbucks area

VI. Committees (30 min)

  • motion to break out for 25 min Alex Fung/ Matt Tsai

  1. All

  2. Public Info

  3. Rules

  4. Advocacy

  5. Finance

  6. Exec Committee update- payroll staff person was hired

    1. odd because in Fall we talked about this hiring being wrong because none of us were included in it

    2. legislation passed on April 3rd was ignored

    3. we have a new professional staff person doing payroll

  7. Public Info- we have a coupon for chipotle and we could use this to incentivise meetings

  8. At Large- scheduled meeting MAy 9th with Dean Salinger

    1. to discuss any issues or say goodbye because she is resigning

VII. School Breakouts (30 min)

  • motion to breakout for 15 mins Adrienne Credo/ Lauren Hineman

VIII. Announcements

  • please make sure to attend meetings and we will do something about those who have more than 4 absences

  • Social Ecology will meet with Dean on Tuesday to talk about events

  • Please write legislation and ask around for ideas

IX. Next Meeting

X. Adjournment of Meeting at 5:53pm Matt Tsai/ Adrienne Credo