ASUCI Senate Minutes
Ø Called to Order by Fung at 5:07
Ø Approval of Minutes
Ø Approval of Agenda
Ø Executive Office Reports
Ø Old Business
Ø New Business
· Introduction from the Student Advocate General 5:39
o Rosales: My job is speaking on behalf of the students and generally making student resources more accessible to students. I am also working to gear the resources for student crime reporting to be more helpful.
· Interview of SPFB Commissioner(President) 5:48
o The interview will be off the record
· Discussion of previously interviewed committees
o Reynolds: I think AMP is one of the best run and most successfully run Committee in ASUCI
o Khosravi: AMP is most certainly a very successful program, however I think we need to consider its goals other than creating a community, those being retention and outreach
o Phan: I think we should seriously consider the fact that SOAR is considering cutting their funding
· Fung Passes Chair to Phan 6:03
· Barnoy: Motion the pull R51-11 to the floor Second: Carlson
o Phan: We are now in discussion for 10 minutes
· Phan passes chair to Baranwal 6:08
o Phan: The e-Tech advisory is in charge of many technological
· Baranwal passes chair to Phan 6:09
· Carlson: Motion to call the question Second: Khosravi
· Khosravi: Motion to call R51-12 to the floor Second: Carlson 6:11
· Phan passes chair to Baranwal 6:12
o Phan: For 20-30 years we would interview candidates and appoint members to fill vacant seats until election. However Judicial board ruled this unconstitutional so we have been discussing this with them. We have reached the decision that if the Council stands more than 1/3 full there will be a special election. If this legislation is passed we will be able to appoint seats up until the end of the Fall Quarter when elections take place.
o Brendan: So would those appointed students be allowed to run for those seats once their appointment is up?
o Phan: Yes
o Barnoy: So what is the appointment process?
o Phan: They will be interviewed by council and we will make decisions as a council.
· Phan: Motion to call the question Second: Carlson 6:25
· VP Jermakian arrives late from an excused absence at 6:25
· Baranwal passes chair to Jermakian 6:26
· Interview of Truth and Transparency Commissioner(President) 6:27
· Khosravi: Motion to Adjourn Second: Carlson 6:36