- Called to Order by Phan at 5:11
- Council Member Chavarin arrives late at 5:55, Council Member Olvera arrives late at 6:11
- Approval of Minutes
- If there are no objections the minutes are approved
- Approval of Agenda
- Motion: Vergara / Second: Barnoy
- Guest List
- Public Comment
- Executive Officer Reports
- President: As most of you are probably aware, this week, we had an issue with the Career Center inviting the U.S. Border Patrol to come for the Career Fair. While the department ultimately ended up not coming to UCI, this is still an issue that is quite prevalent and my office is still in discussions with the student affairs to handle the situation and its aftermath. In the meanwhile, I ask you all to please refrain from making any comments on this issue and if approached by any students, please direct them to my office. Over the last week also, we have been working to address a rising concern over the HR policy restricting working hours to 19.5 hours a week. We have received numerous petitions and emails regarding this issue, and I am meeting with Associate Chancellor Ramona tomorrow and pending on the results of this meeting, my office will take action to address this issue.
· Special Committee Reports
o We are working to organize all committee times and spaces and those should begin next week.
o No Old Business
- New Business
- Legislative Council Appointment Interview – Shannon Tunggal 5:18
- Interview will be off the record
o Discussion of UC Strategic Plan 5:44
· Phan passes chair to Baranwal 5:45
§ Phan: The UC has announced that they are trying to grow the campus population to 40,000 while increasing faculty staff by 250. This would drastically increase student to faculty ratio, negatively effecting current students.
o Judicial Board Interview 6:43
· Baranwal passes chair to Phan 6:18
· Phan: If there are no objections we will go into recess for 8 minutes 6:18
- Carlson: Motion Adjourn Meeting at 6:58