- Called to Order by Phan at 5:07
- Vice-President Jermakian arrives late at 5:10, Councilmember Raza arrives late at 5:13, Councilmember Olvera arrives late from an excused absence at 6:20
- Approval of Minutes
- Approval of Agenda
- Khosravi: would like to and a section to for Rosales to speak in new business Second: Carlson
- Phan: I will entertain a motion to approve the agenda.
- Khosravi: Motion to approve the agenda Second: Carlson
- Public Comment
- Executive Officer Reports
- President: The first art lab was last night and we had great attendance. We had a screening of the republican debate last night as well and there was good attendance for that as well. This coming Monday we will have our second faculty luncheon. I also me with indi.com which was an organization that works on video marketing and we are looking into some kind of partnership. I met with the Chancellor and we talked about the hour cap push. There are new sexual assault guidelines being put in place and there are some issues with that we are curious about looking into.
- Executive Vice-President: The student of color conference is next week at UC Berkley.
- Academic Affairs: We have been reviewing results of a survey in regards to academic counseling, and Social Sciences academic counseling has been notably struggling.
- Admin Affairs: We will be having our first council on student boards. The idea of this is to connect different boards representatives. Applications for the food summit will become available next week.
- Student Services: Shocktoberfest was a success but there were some concerns. We are working on responses to those concerns.
· Phan passes chair to Jermakian at 5:13
· Special Committee Reports
o International Committee Reports: The chair and vice chairs have been selected or this committee and a research program has been selected.
o Parking Committee: Parking committee is meeting currently and talking about research.
o First Generation and Non-Traditional Student Committee: We have found chairs for that committee, so that committee is beginning to get underway.
o Students with Disabilities Committee: We are currently interviewing applicants to populate that committee.
o Transfer Student Committee: Is slow to get underway but we are working to speed up that process.
o Refurbishment Committee: We meet after council today for the first time.
o MyUCI Committee: We meet after council today for the first time.
o Constitutional Revision Committee: We meet after council today for the first time.
o No old business
- New Business
- Student Advocate General Addresses Council Concerning the UCI Strategic Plan 5:26
- Interview for Appointment to Legislative Council Education Representative Carla Kakejian 5:30
- The interview will be off record
o Interview for Appointment to Legislative Council Engineering Representative Tin Hong 6:14
§ The interview will be off the record
- Carlson: Motion Adjourn Meeting at 6:57