- Called to Order by Phan at 5:06
- Vice-President Fung arrives late at 5:09, Councilmember Heyward 5:14
- Approval of Minutes
- Phan: If there are no objections we will approve the minutes
- Approval of Agenda
- Motion: Baranwal/ Second: Fatahi
- Guest List
- Vice-Chancellor Dooros
- Sarah Bennett (UCI Student)
- Public Comment
- Sarah Bennett (UCI Student): The transcript to the exact speech can be found on the ASUCI website.
- Myrna: Thank you for coming and I would like to talk about this issue with you after.
- Executive Officer Reports
- Admin Affairs: We have been working on a lot of things; we are finally working on each of the referendums that are on the table. We have decided to run the student food security referendum. The MyUCI referendum is on the table and we strongly support it. It is vital to ASUCI that we increase our funding and the committee will decide how much we will charge the student body. Revamp is being renewed this year at no cost. Overall there are 6 referendums at this spring elections so please support these where you can.
- Special Committee Reports
- International Student Committee: We still need to write legislation to form this committee and we need two to legislative council members to sit on that committee.
- Parking Committee: We are focusing on UROP research and our proposal will be ready November 2nd. Ron Fleming has not yet replied to our emails.
- First Generation and Non-Traditional Student Committee: We have a location from 7-8 on Tuesdays and we will begin working soon.
- Undocumented Student Committee: We have a meeting space time and date so please meet with President Khosravi to organize a meeting
- Refurbishment Committee: We will start meeting Thursday from 7-9pm
- MyUCI Committee: We will start meeting Thursday from 7-9pm
- Constitutional Revision Committee: We will start meeting Thursday from 7-9pm
· Phan passes chair to Fung 5:21
- R51-19 Formation of Rules Committee 5:21
- Vote on R51-19 Passes 9-0-0 Yea: Heyward, Carlson, Chavarin, Phan, Baranwal, Vergara, Fatahi, Raza, Reynolds
- R51-20 Appointment of Associate Justice to Judicial Board 5:23
- Phan: Motion to amend R51-20 fixing a spelling error Second: Carlson 5:25
- Vote on R51-20 Passes 8-0-1 Yea: Heyward, Carlson, Chavarin, Phan, Baranwal, Vergara, Fatahi, Raza Abstain: Reynolds
o R51-21 Public Information Committee Appointments 5:27
§ Vote on R51-21 Passes 9-0-0 Yea: Heyward, Carlson, Chavarin, Phan, Baranwal, Vergara, Fatahi, Raza, Reynolds
o R51-22 Appointment of ASUCI Social Sciences Representative 5:29
§ Vote on R51-22 Passes 8-0-1 Yea: Heyward, Carlson, Chavarin, Phan, Baranwal, Vergara, Fatahi, Raza Abstain: Reynolds
o R51-23 Formation of Finance Committee 5:31
§ Vote on R51-23 Passes 8-1-0 Yea: Heyward, Carlson, Chavarin, Phan, Baranwal, Vergara, Fatahi, Raza Nay: Reynolds
· Council Intern Program: One council intern will be in charge of AnteaterTV and the other will assist the secretary with keeping time, roll call, and attendance.
· Fung: If there are no objections we will go into committee breakouts for 10 minutes 5:29
o Baranwal: Motion to extend committee breakouts by 3 minutes Second: Raza 5:39
o Baranwal: Motion to extend committee breakouts by 2 minutes Second: Raza 5:42
§ Fatahi: Objection
§ Vote to extend committee breakout time fails 1-8-0 Yea: Baranwal
- Raza: Motion Adjourn Meeting at 5:46