ASUCI Senate Minutes
Thursday, September 29th, 2016
- Called to Order by Hong at 5:07
- Senators Shahbaz and Aldoghmi arrive late at 5:22
- Senator Abdelrahman leaves early at 5:57
- Approval of Minutes
- Motion: Lu/ Second:Orozco
- Approval of Agenda
· Tompkins: Motion to move discussion of committees (8) to (3) on the agenda 5:10
- Motion:Orozco / Second:Miller
- Public Comment
- Natasha: Deputy Events Coordinator Introduction.
· Hong: If there are no objections we are now in Committee Breakouts for 20 minutes 5:11
- Executive Officer Reports
- Senator Hong: Buy Shocktober fest tickets.
- External VP: SoCC registration opens by next week. Applications for steering committee are open.
- Student Service VP: Welcome week went well. Only a few hundred shocktober tickets left.
- Special Committee Reports
- Old Business
- R52-01:ASUCI By-Laws Grand Revisions 5:26
- Tompkins: I motion to go into discussion /Second: Bender
- Vote on R52-01 passes 13-0-0. Yea: Natoolo, Lu, Mousa, Ono, Noureldine, Aldoghmi, Abdelrahman, Shahbaz, Bender, Tompkins, Hassane, Orozco, Miller.
- New Business
- Hong: Open discussion of email and key set up by Aaron Echols 5:32
§ Email Address changes will be made, change from @rep to @senator.
- Hong: Open discussion of Quorum and Some Senate Provisions by Hong 5:43
§ Discussion of senate expectations
§ Noureldine: Motion to extend time of discussion by 5 minutes/ Second: Orozco 5:58
· Hong: Open discussion of Robert’s Rules and Training 6:00
§ Discussion of proper meeting etiquette according to Robert’s Rules text.
§ Tompkins: Motion to extend discussion by 5 minutes/ Second: Noureldine
§ Baranwal: Motion to extend time by 5 more minutes/ Second: Tompkins
- Senate Intern Program Report
- Committees- Established and Chair positions determined
- Lu (Chair), Chavez (Vice-Chair), Hong
- Public Information
- Bender (Chair), Ono (Vice-Chair), Miller,
- Natoolo (Chair), Mousa (Vice-Chair), Noureldine, Aldoghmi, Abdelrahman, Shahbaz, Hassane
- Immediate Business
· Saturday is an all ASUCI orientation, welcome to senators, at Crystal Cove from 8am to 4pm.
- Next Meeting: Tuesday, October 4th, 2016
- Tompkins: Motion to Adjourn Meeting at time 6:33