ASUCI Senate Minutes
Thursday, April 13th, 2017
- Called to Order by Orozco at 5:11
- Senator Abuzeid arrives late at 5:18. Senator Hassane arrives late at 5:30.
- Senator Erikat leaves early at 6:18. Senator Xiao leaves early at 6:21.
- Approval of Minutes
- Approval of Agenda
- Public Comment
- Executive Officer Reports
- Special Committee Reports
· Disability Services Center Committee: No Updates
- Old Business
- 5A: Discussion for Senator Appointment Procedure 5:14
§ Lu: motion to extend time by 3 mins/ sec: tin- No Objections- time extended 5:24
§ Discussion ends: 5:28
- New Business
- 6A: President Pro-Tempore Election 5:29
§ Hong: Motion to go into closed meeting/ Second: Hernandez.
§ Xiao: Objection to closed meeting.
§ Vote 9-2-2, closed session entered 5:39
§ Open session entered 6:00pm
§ 16-0-0 Senator Hong is elected by secret ballot as President Pro-Tempore
- 6B: Legislative and External Policy Committee Update 6:08
§ Presentation by Brennan Gonnering
§ Discussion ends at 6:23
- Senate Intern Program Report
- Committees for 20 minutes
· Entered at 6:24
- Public Information
- Created design of email for each school department. Please look at it. Will be sent out hopefully by Monday.
- Based on what is going on in the debates, ASUCI has not done anything for parking. A small step might be for when events are in certain zones to allow those students to park in a different zone instead of parking in the arc and shuttling.
- Immediate Business
- School Breakouts
- Final Business
- Next Meeting: Tuesday, April 18th, 2017.
- Tin: Motion Adjourn Meeting at 6:35pm
- Second: Hernandez
- No objections