Hello! My name is Randy Yan and I am a third-year Biological Sciences major at UCI. I will also be serving as your 2019-2020 ASUCI Student Body President! A little bit about myself: I joined ASUCI during my first year as an intern for the Anteaters in Action Commission, then ran in the elections for the Biological Sciences Senator seat, and now here I am – as your Student Body President!
Some of the goals of the ASUCI Office of the President for the 2019-2020 academic year include:
- Ensuring students’ basic needs are being met and advocating for more affordable housing solutions to overcome the high standard of living in Orange County
- Advocating for mental health reform and ensuring that students can access counseling services readily
- Empowering educational equity at UCI through focusing on the issues that matter and have drastic effects on student learning and outcomes
- Re-engaging the student body through action-based initiatives to reinvision student life at UCI
- Creating a greater sense of transparency in ASUCI and restoring the trust between students and us as an organization
So with that being said, I look forward to serving you all as ASUCI President for this year and I will strive to further the interests of my constituents by working to bridge the gap between students and the Administration, followed by specific plans tailored to meet students’ needs.
If you have any questions for me, feel free to reach me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
My Office Hours: Mondays 3-4pm or by appointment!