Our commission focuses on three values: inclusivity, safety, and equity. The following pillars create the climate on campus:
- Do students feel welcome?
- Do students feel safe and understood?
- Do students feel equal to their peers?
Despite the name, our commission does not focus on climate change or environmental concerns. Our goal is to uplift marginalized communities in the undergraduate student body and create a climate on campus that is consistent with our three pillars.
Mission Statement: The Campus Climate Commission strives to…
- Foster a welcoming environment on campus where students of all backgrounds and identities can feel safe and comfortable around their peers and staff.
- Actively work with students and faculty members to facilitate discussions centered around equity and inclusivity to help inform the UCI population about social justice and uplift historically underserved communities on campus.
- Provide a safe space for students to gain an understanding of one another.
- Ensure that all identities are given a platform to voice their truth through the creation of events and programs in collaboration with other organizations and departments on campus.
- Through collaborative work with other organizations and commissions on campus, our goal is to deliver clear communication and honesty to the greater student body, and foster a community where students feel as though they are welcome and accepted by their peers and staff.
Please feel free to contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Julia’s Office Hours: Wednesday at 3:00pm (Zoom Link: https://uci.zoom.us/j/92588231452)
- Bri’s Office Hours: Mondays at 1:00pm (Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/5193060337?pwd=ZXk0aFBFamQ1WVA5Z1lVMU9EbStjQT09)