The Food Security Commission aims to:
- Educate students on the meaning of food insecurity as well shed light to this overlooked social issue. A reliable access to a sufficient amount of affordable, nutritious food should not be a worry that students face while attending school.
- Highlight the various resources UC Irvine has to offer on and off campus for students who are not able to attain regular healthy meals.
- Host workshops to provide resources and information to help assist students who are struggling with food insecurity.
- Involve fellow students on campus to learn about the impact of food security on campus and lend a meal to a fellow Anteater.
- Actively listen to issues and concerns to reach our diverse student body and improve the fulfillment of basic needs.
The Vision of the Food Security Commission is to provide an open support and resource system to all students in order to lessen the burden of food insecurity across the UCI community. This commission seeks to provide support and resources to all UCI students experiencing. The goal is to advocate for equity and offer resources for students’ basic needs, a right for every individual in the UCI community
Office Hours are Thursday from 10:00 am – 11:00 am
Will also be on campus, please email if you would like to meet in person.