Mental Health Commission
The mission of the ASUCI Mental Health Commission is to promote mental health wellbeing of students at UC Irvine with a collaborative effort of both student groups and on campus resources.
- Increase dialogue of mental health issues on campus
- Decrease mental health stigma
- Advocate on behalf of students
- Plan on-campus awareness events that illuminate the intersectionality of various mental health experiences
- Collaborate and partner with on-campus resources and organizations to create a stronger community that supports mental health initiatives
- Organize the annual Reclaim Mental Health Conference that aims to reduce mental health stigma and promote dialogue with a social justice perspective
Description of Committees:
Reclaim Mental Health Conference:
- Logistics – Help with planning the logistics of the conference. This Committee will be responsible for reaching out to sponsors and off-campus and on-campus organizations, obtaining sponsorships and funds, coordinating volunteers, coordinating with the Student Center, etc.
- Creative Visioning – Help to plan and create the ambiance of the conference including but not limited to; the decor of the conference, assembling an art gallery and organizing the wellness room.
Campus Oriented Events, Policy, and Advocacy:
- Outreach – Assist and collaborate with other commission members to plan quarterly mental health awareness events such as Mind, Art, and Soul, guest speaker events, and other interactive and creative events.
- Policy – Advocate for mental health resources, promote mental health rights and reduce the stigma and discrimination directed toward mental health.